Job ID: 361497
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Speech/Language Pathologist- Speech Therapy 001 - Full-Time, Day - SVM-St Vincent's Southside - Jacksonville, FL
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Certified Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. (ASHA) Certification of Clinical Competence or completing a Clinical Fellowship year required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- 1 -2 years of acute SPL experienced preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)