Job ID: 361474
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Management
Regular / Weekends
We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) / Case Management
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Location: Columbia St. Mary's Hospital
Department: Case Management
Additional Job Details: Hours: every other weekend 8-4:30. .2 FTE
Why Join Ascension?
How will Ascension benefit you?
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Columbia St. Mary's you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Acts as a resource for adequate medical record documentation, appropriateness of services as they relate to diagnoses, and treatment options for post-discharge care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Hospital experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement