Job ID: 361400
Fort Scott, Kansas
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - Dr Burke - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Via Christi - Fort Scott, KS
Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region, which dates back more than 125 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, our integrated health system – with hospitals, physician clinics, therapy centers and other health services – is the largest healthcare provider in Kansas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Medical Assistant with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.