Job ID: 360734
RN Registered Nurse - Trauma Program Coordinator
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Trauma Program Coordinator - Trauma Services
Dell Children's Medical Center - Austin, TX
Full-Time Monday - Friday; 7am - 3pm
- Bachelors in Nursing, Required
- 3 yrs Emergency Department, Trauma ICU, Trauma Acute Care Nursing, Required
- 2 yrs Pediatric Nursing, Preferred
- 2 yrs Supervisory or Leadership Role in Healthcare or related field, Preferred
- 1 yr Trauma Nurse Coordinator, Preferred
Certification and Training:
- TNCC (or equivalent) Provider or Instructor, Preferred. Required within 12 months of hire
- AAAM AIS Injury Scoring Training, Preferred
- STN, TOPIC course completion, Preferred. Required within 12 months of hire
The Pediatric Trauma Nurse Coordinator (PTNC) works in collaboration with the Trauma Clinical Program Manager, Trauma Data Analysts, Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Service Line Director and other clinical associates to create an environment for the delivery of high-quality and safe care for injured patients. This is achieved through multidisciplinary collaboration, continuous quality improvement, and education.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, is the only dedicated freestanding pediatric facility in the region. Serving a 46-county area and beyond, Dell Children’s is the premier healthcare provider for children and adolescents. Notably, Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is a world-class pediatric medical center with its own Level I trauma center. The trauma center is world class and known as a model trauma program! Come join our team!
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to organize and coordinate trauma services activities and workflow.
- Consults with care team members on patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Monitors trends and data to assess and identify opportunities for strategic program goals and components/services.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality improvement activities including outcome and cost analysis, benchmark data report preparation, trauma registry report preparation and clinical indicators review.
- Coordinates and directs activities of the trauma services associates including the trauma registrar. Oversees the timely completion, accuracy, and report generation of the trauma registry.
- Serves as a resource and educator to healthcare team members, patients, families and community organizations regarding trauma. Coordinates and develops community trauma preventions programs, community offerings and clinical education activities.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.