Job ID: 361213
Patient Care Associate - Inpatient Rehab
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
PCA Inpatient Rehab - Acute Rehab Unit 001 - Part-Time Night, 24 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI
7p-7a 2 shifts per week. Every 3 weekend and holiday.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to, under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, be assigned a variety of duties designed to assist with the direct care of the patient. This may include ordering and stocking unit supplies of all types needed for patient care and locating shared equipment within the hospital. Timely and efficient completion of these tasks is required for quality patient care. Interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate effectively and relate politely to patients, visitors and fellow staff members. Adheres to Borgess Medical Center mission, vision and values.
- Must be able to successfully complete orientation/training programs for the position as evidenced by completion of competencies.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and promote collaboration and a positive work environment.
- Must have computer skills to be able to enter and retrieve patient information.
- Perform and assists with therapeutic and procedures.
- Observes and records pertinent information, consults with and reports significant reactions and changes in patient condition to the appropriate, RN.
- Responsible for ensuring that the patient’s pain is reported to Licensed Nurse.
- Inventory: Order, stock and locate various equipment and supplies needed for patient care.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required. A minimum of six (6) months experience in direct patient care preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.