Job ID: 360173
Surgical Services Technician
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Technician-Surgical - Surgery 001 - Full-Time Rotating, 40 Hours Weekly - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus -34023 - Warren, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.
- Performs terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transports case carts, equipment and supplies and disposes of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- Provides physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 Year Hospital Cleaning/EVS Work Experience Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.