Job ID: 359425
Medical Director - Primary Care
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Title: Med Dir Primary Care AMG
City, State: Rhinelander, WI
Location: 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, WI
Department: AMG Admin Primary Care
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Plans and directs medical policies and programs.
- Facilitates strategic clinical relationships with physicians. Works with leadership to develop a strategic plan for growth of clinical practice.
- Ensures that clinical programs are in compliance with governmental and regulatory requirements.
- Implements utilization review and quality improvement systems. Implements educational programs and offerings.
- May provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Working in a dyad leadership function with the Ascension Medical Group Wisconsin (AMG WI) Director of Primary Care, leads the implementation, and monitors the effectiveness, of operational and strategic priorities and initiatives within the Division of Primary Care.
- Collaborates and coordinates services with the Directors of Specialty Care, Hospital based Care, along with hospital and other key stakeholders within the organization, and community partners.
- Directly responsible for assigned clinicians, including human resource management, clinical recruitment and onboarding, productivity and financial performance, and achieving optimal outcomes aligned with the Quadruple Aim.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Physician MD/DO. State License as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine; Board eligibility/certification in medical specialty.
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) from an accredited school of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine required by hire date or job transfer date. Master's in Business preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience required in a clinic setting. Leadership in an outpatient clinic setting, in a large multi-specialty medical group structure, preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement