Job ID: 359201
Registered Nurse (RN)-Operating Room
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN-Operating Room - Surgery 001 - Part-Time, Rotating - WIAPP 240 Maple St - Woodruff, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Minnesota Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity