Job ID: 359269
Paramedic - Emergency Department (ED)
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Paramedic - Emergency Department - Full-Time, Night - Ascension Macomb - Oakland Hospital, Warren, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Michigan Emergency Medical Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.