Job ID: 358377
Oncology Genetic Counselor
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Genetic Counselor - Business Devp 004 - Full-Time Days - WMG Reiman Cancer Center - Franklin, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to provide genetic counseling to patients and counseling and coordination services for other screening programs.
- Identifies families at risk for genetic disorders, children with birth defects, or a variety of other inherited conditions. Analyzes inheritance patterns and risks of recurrence.
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing.
- Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Counselor specializing in Genetics credentialed from the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement