Job ID: 354797
Registered Nurse - Home Health
Vestal, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Exempt - Home Health - HCS Patient Services 001 - Full-Time - Days - Lourdes At Home - Vestal, NY
8:00 am - 4:30 pm - Monday through Friday with a weekend expectation (every 6 weeks) as well as rotating on-call coverage from 4:30pm - 10:00 pm (usually 1-2x/month).
***Eligible for Sign-On Bonus and Incentive Compensation***
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse (RN) for Lourdes At Home, you will make an enormous impact and form strong connections with your patients and their families as you provide care to patients.
- Make home visits to implement the nursing process.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assess patients’ actual and potential health problems/needs based upon clinical analysis, identify gaps in care, recommend interventions and assist in discharge functions with collaborating team.
- Follow safety standards. Participate in measures to ensure quality improvement within the organization.
- Adhere to the standards of practice and performance as defined in ANA’s “Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice.”
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associates Degree/Diploma required.
- Bachelors in Nursing preferred.
- One-year RN experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.