Job ID: 357829
Mammographer - PT Day Hours
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Seton Highland Lakes Hospital - Burnet/Marble Falls, TX
Part Time Hours
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE...
- A Radiology license through the ARRT
- A Texas Medical Board license
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years of exerience, or Associate's Degree, or Technical Degree
- A BLS credential through the American Heart Association
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL...
- Produce images of the breasts for diagnostic purposes under direction of a physician.
- Prepare and position patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explain procedures and educate patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develop and evaluate the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
WHO ARE WE?
Ascension Seton Highland Lakes Hospital, located northwest of Austin, is here to better serve the fast-growing Hill Country area, consisting of Burnet, Marble Falls, Kingsland, Granite Shoals, and the surrounding area. It is a 42-bed hospital offering primary and preventive health care, as well as social services.
Ascension was founded on November 1st 1999 by the union of the Daughters of Charity National Health System, that was based in St. Louis, Missouri, and the Sisters of St. Joseph Health System, that was based in Nazareth (Kalamazoo), Michigan. We're the largest Catholic health system in the world and the largest non-profit health system in the United States, with facilities in 23 states and the District of Columbia. We're a faith-based collaboration of hospitals, medical practices, and innovators that share best practices and the objective of developing healthier communities throughout the US by community outreach and researching means of reducing the cost of healthcare.
Ascension gains our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. And we grow it by looking after one another. From our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas, Seton is an environment for excellence. We are changing healthcare for the better. Together.
Our core values call us to Service of the Poor: Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need. Reverence: Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. Integrity: Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom: Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity: Courageous innovation. Dedication: Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry.
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Come join our family of change-makers. Apply now.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.