Job ID: 354543
Cook - Senior Care
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Full Time / Shift Varies
Providence Village – Waco, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance. Reads and reviews menus and recipes for preparation according to proper procedure.
- Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Performs culinary basics and all other techniques as required for food preparation.
- Follows oral or written directions, recipes, menus and instructions.
- Understands and prepares therapeutic and mechanically altered diets according to standardized recipes.
- Tastes food to assure consistency, texture and quality of product.
- Maintains food quality from production to meal service.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment and utensils using safe and sanitary procedures.
- Responsible for avoiding food waste, cleaning work area, and meeting meal schedules.
- Documents and maintains appropriate food temperatures.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One to two years food preparation experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.