Job ID: 354410
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapy 001 - Full-Time, Day - Providence Health Center - Waco, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence, based in Waco, Texas, is committed to providing person-centered care through coordination of providers. It is a complete healthcare network offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline, consistently earning high marks and certification by regulatory and certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission. With a team of over 2,300 associates, physicians and volunteers, Ascension Providence is now one of the largest employers in Waco.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.