Job ID: 348340
Unit Secretary - Birth Suites - PT Weekend Nights
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Location: St Vincent's Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Additional Job Details: Part Time, Nights, 2-12 hour shifts, 7p-7a, every Saturday/Sunday.
What You Will Do
As the Unit Secretary for Birth Suites with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area. You serve as an important part of the team, as you ensure the smooth operational administrative function for the Unit.
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol. Schedules patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
- Coordinates meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintains meeting minutes. Enters and maintains timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Hospital clerical experience preferred
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent’s provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
We make welcoming your baby into the world a truly special experience. Known as “where babies come from,” St. Vincent’s Birmingham has a longstanding tradition of outstanding maternity services. Today, we’re once again transforming maternity care by empowering moms to make decisions about their birth experience through Monogram Maternity. St. Vincent’s Birmingham Monogram Maternity offers expectant moms a birth experience as customized as your own monogram.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham (Downtown)–
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- “Where Babies come from!”
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Serving Birmingham for more than 118 years, we are a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
We are called to:
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)