Job ID: 347132
Surgical Services Coordinator - PACU
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Come Join Our Team!
We are currently looking for a Surgical Services Coordinator to join our PACU team. Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
This well-recognized, 311-bed facility provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services, including but not limited to: General, Robotics, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Podiatry, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Bariatrics, PV, Plastics, Neuro. Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside, boasts 4 Joint Commission designations as a Center for Orthopedic Excellence and we are Center of Excellence for Robotic surgery.
Why join Ascension?
Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family. With a perfect mix of steady patient flow with relaxing effectiveness, Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside is a truly balanced environment.
With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do:
As an Associate with Ascension St. Vincent's Southside, you will have the opportunity to coordinate activities and tasks in support of surgical and central sterile services.
- Coordinates shift operations including scheduling, assigned activities, and resources.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource for staff and performs similar duties.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Oversees utilization and maintenance of supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- BSN highly preferred
- 2 years Surgical Services experience required.
- 2 years of management experience highly preferred.
- Prior management experience highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)