Job ID: 344302
Accounting and Reporting Manager
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Accounting and Reporting Manager - Healthcare Accounting - Full-Time, Days - Glendale Office - Glendale, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to manage financial accounting and reporting for designated entities. Serves as a primary business partner to financial planning.
- Manages day to day operations including journal entries, account reconciliations, business case input, and other accounting activities.
- Develops work plans to successfully achieve objectives and goals in support of financial initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for the cash posting process related to hospital, clinic and pharmacy billing systems.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance related field strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Healthcare Finance/Accounting expereince preferred.
- EPIC experience preferred
- Knowledge of PCI (Payment Card Industry) Data Standards preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.