Job ID: 345434
Wellness Screening Educator - PRN
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Wellness Screening Educator – St. Vincent’s Birmingham
- PRN, Day - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
- Current Registered Dietitian
Why Join Ascension:
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is located downtown, and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent’s provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham (Downtown)
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- “Where Babies are Born!”
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
What you will do:
As an Wellness Screening Educator St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide screening and educational services for health fairs.
- Provides health screenings to participants at health fairs. Screenings may include, but are not limited to: finger stick, cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose, body fat, BMI, bone density, and/or fitness screening.
- Provides one-on-one or group education. Teaches participants how to apply information gained at the health fair.
- Encourages participants to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Recommends changes or additions to programs.
What you will need:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Dietitian
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate degree, or bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Registered Dietitian with public speaking proficiency preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.