Job ID: 344276
APRN-Nurse Practitioner - Presc Authori
Washington, District of Columbia
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
APRN-Nurse Practitioner - Presc Authori - Urgent Care - PRN, Day - Providence Hospital DC - Washington, DC
Why Join Ascension?
Based in the District of Columbia, Providence operates primary care services, geriatrics including skilled nursing care at Carroll Manor, outpatient behavioral health, care coordination for Medicaid beneficiaries through the My Health GPS program, a working retail pharmacy and access to free medications to those who need it most. Providence, which has served the District of Columbia for more than 150 years, is transforming to a new healthcare delivery model that re-envisions the delivery of care to meet the community's health needs and how to best contribute to building healthier communities.
Providence is a part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Hospital-DC, you will have the opportunity toIn collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider .
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the District of Columbia Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity