Job ID: 341501
Unit Secretary - Float Staffing
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
Secretary-Unit - Float Staffing 001 - Part-Time, Evening - Ascension Macomb - Oakland Hospital -34023 - Warren, MI
11AM-11PM, Every other weekend.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Greet patients and visitors, answer/screen/route telephone calls, file, distribute mail and perform other general clerical duties.
- Communicate with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol. Schedule patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges. Assemble and maintain patient charts.
- Coordinate meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintain meeting minutes. Enter and maintain timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least six months medical clerical experience preferred. Previous EMR system experience and medical terminology experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.