Job ID: 342959
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
- Full Time-Day Shift
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)