Job ID: 342172
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time Evenings - CSM Hospital Milwaukee - Milwaukee, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in a clinical setting.
Work Schedule and additional information: Seven PM shifts in a pay period. Every other weekend and holiday rotation. PM shifts are 10 hour shifts (Two are 11 hour shifts) to get 32 hours in 1 week (10-11-11) and 40 hours in the next. Hours are either 1pm-11:30pm or 2pm-1230am on a rotating basis depending on the clinical assignment for the day.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies. Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs.
- Provides patient counseling efficiently and effectively when required.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Wisconsin Pharmacy Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required Pharmacy residency preferred
- None required.
- Hosptial experience preferred and ability to precept residents and students
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement