Job ID: 341771
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Paramedic – Emergency Department
- Location: St. Vincent Main Campus, Evansville, IN
- Full Time (72 hours biweekly)
- Shift: Nights (12 hour shifts; 1900-0700)
- Weekends: Every other weekend
This position will rotate between the normal Paramedic responsibilites in the Emergency Department and taking intake calls as the Radio Communication Specialist.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Why Join Ascension St. Vincent?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than a place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect, and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage a diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Ascension is Committed to Their Associates!
Upon joining the Ascension St. Vincent team, associates have a large variety of opportunities available to them.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options including medical, dental, vision insurance and retirement plans. Associates can also take advantage of other great options like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
As a Paramedic with St. Vincent's Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma, GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)