Job ID: 341790
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Family Practice
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Family Practice - Full-Time - PHS Family Practice Tilman Corner - Mobile, AL
Why Join Ascension?
Providence Health System, based in Mobile, Alabama, operates a full service, 349-bed medical/surgical facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Since its founding in 1854, Providence has been serving, caring for and healing the people of Mobile and surrounding areas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)